The Kentucky Lake Section of the American Chemical Society (KLS-ACS) comprises the following counties from Southern Illinois, Western Kentucky, and Northwestern Tennessee: Massac, McCracken, Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman, Fulton, Obion, Lake, Dyer, Gibson, Crockett, Madison, Henderson, Carroll, Henry, Weakley,
Graves, Marshall, Stewart, Caldwell, Lyon, and Calloway.
On July 9, 1958 a group of 112 chemists from Western Kentucky, Western Tennessee, and Southern Illinois submitted a petition to the American Chemical Society requesting formation of the Kentucky Lake Local Section. On September 9, 1958 the Council voted to grant the Charter.
The historic documents: